Good evening readers. Here's today's round-up of must-read literary news, commentary and fiction.
- Election fears abroad: Japanese authors predict "ugly future under a Trump presidency Electric Literature
- The nuts and bolts (literally): reprinting Depero Futurista, the first modern artist's book Hyperallergic
- Iraq + 100: An interview with Anoud, contributor to the PEN-supported short-story collection set in 2103 Iraq Arablit
- Ranking graphic novels: "33 of the most exciting, adventurous, gorgeous, movingly written" book-length comics Thrillist
- Thrill Me: An excerpt from Benjamin Percy's new book of essays on fiction finds a simple formula: "The best of genre + the best of literary fiction = awesome" Lit Hub
- Diane Arbus: A glowing review of Arthur Lubow's biography of the renowned photographer (whose work is now on display at the Met Breuer) Book Forum
- The Rectory Magazine: read teenage Lewis Carroll's self-produced magazine, featuring tales, poems, essays and pictures Time Magazine