Good evening literary fans. Here's what we read today that you should too.
- How the Proust Questionnaire Went from Literary Curio to Prestige Personality Quiz (The New Yorker)
- Data Mining Reveals the Six Basic Emotional Arcs of Storytelling (MIT Technology Review)
- The Poetry of the War on Terror: "Interrogating the language of post-9/11 America" (Lit Hub)
- Let Them Be Spoiled: An article on the common "spoiler alert" (The Paris Review)
- Christopher Myers to Launch a New Imprint at Random House Children’s Books: On the children's book author and illustrator's new imprint Make Me a World. (GalleyCat)
- Arthur Conan Doyle, the Spiritualist Behind the Rational Sherlock Holmes (The NY Times)
- Samuel Beckett, the maestro of failure: An examination of Beckett's approach to short stories (The Guardian)