Good evening readers. Here's your round-up of today's must-read literary news, commentary and fiction.
- A few little-known Hanukkah stories The New Yorker
- Ta-Nehisi Coates on the importance of Kwanzaa The Atlantic
- Christmas is not the only thing that's commodified Lithub
- Ocean Vuong and Alexander Chee discuss how to balance dreams of literary fame and buying their moms houses Bon Magazine
- Branko Milanovic, the author of "Global Inequality," explains the chaos of 2016 The New Republic
- Eileen Myles' poem "Merry Christmas, Dr. Title," about a place she doesn't go anymore BOMB Magazine
- Lewis Lapham re-politicizes A Christmas Carol Lapham's Quarterly