Good evening readers. Here's your round-up of today's must-read literary news, commentary and fiction.
- "The David Foster Wallace Disease": why living in one of the greatest literary minds may not be as fun as it sounds Hazlitt
- The Light of the World: Kimberley Drew talks to Elizabeth Alexander about her new memoir, self-care and not "wallowing in nostalgia" Lenny
- Joan Didion's legacy of drifters: a new generation of wayward daughters emerges Lit Hub
- Election night: as the results came in, Rebekah Frumkin was busy digging for old Coke bottles in the woods of Cleveland Catapult
- What to read while you sip: the best books to pair with a warm cup of tea Read It Forward
- Fake news, real books: a reading list for understanding the media today Book Riot
- New translations by Radwa Ashour: anglophones can now read two stories from the Egyptian writer's 1990 collection, I Saw the Date Palms Arablit